Chiesi – founded in 1935 – is a mid-size, family owned pharmaceutical company with an international presence. Our headquarters are located in Parma, Italy.
Respiratory is our company’s DNA. We aspire to be a point of reference for patients affected by chronic respiratory disorders. Beside that we also specialize in neonatal pathologies, rare diseases and other health conditions which are difficult to treat. Our patients are put in the forefront of everything we do. We commit to offer patients, and those who take care of them, innovative solutions in the management of their needs, even exploring new frontiers in treatment and care. Therefore, we invest continuously in Research & Development.
PUBLIC AFFAIRS MANAGER
- Map and manage the relevant key stakeholders, influential actors and decision makers both in the broader health care and in the industrial policy environment and continuously update the information
- Build networks and effective relationships with external customers, government officials and key stakeholders including the development of a stakeholder network, in line with the priorities of the company
- Support the General Manager in his activities and responsibilities within the trade associations. Make sure the company is well represented in industry associations, with strong internal alignment, be the company’s representative in some key platforms of discussion
- Develop partnerships with patient associations, healthcare provider associations (physicians, pharmacists, hospital, nurses…), sickness funds, trade associations, think tanks…, in order to discuss trends and concerns and evaluate together how to maintain both a sustainable healthcare system and balanced economical environment
- Help perform or lead public policy and strategy assessments. Gather, interpret, and disseminate information inside the company on government initiatives and their impacts and develop recommendations to address them in partnership with the business, helping to lead internal topic issues teams;
- Develop a broad view on general developments in Belgian and Luxembourg healthcare sector (e.g. through participation in conferences, symposia, etc…)
- Monitor and analyse new governments initiatives, potential change in law and broader developments (including parliamentary activities; both regarding healthcare and industrial policies); identify key trends. Proactively assess their business consequences for the company in Belgium and Luxembourg, in close collaboration with other teams nationally and internationally (market access, regulatory, medical, sales & marketing…)
- Construct and roll-out a long-term Public Policy Plan, with cross-departmental actions; adapt the plan to changing situations and priorities
- Benchmark, share best practices and interact efficiently with Chiesi Group colleagues from Corporate Market Access, the EU Public Affairs Manager, the Rare Disease Manager Benelux, the Corporate Rare Disease Department and colleagues from other countries and regions
- Design and execute (policy) campaigns that will seek to shape the environment for company success and that have a high impact on regulations and legislation; this includes but is not limited to patient access, payment and reimbursement, manufacturing, government support for research and regulatory policy
- Contribute to policy related communications efforts internally and externally, including policy newsletters, position papers and advocacy documents
- Set up expert and payers’ meetings as well as decision maker meetings and related projects, in collaboration with the Outreach Team
- Be the external company representative. Represent the company on committees/working groups within industry associations. Ensure leading presence at meetings with authorities, clients, trade associations and other stakeholders regarding the pharma-business
The PA Manager is a new position in the Chiesi Belux organisation, and he/she will report to the General Manager Belgium & Luxemburg.
The main focus for the Public Affairs Manager will be to:
- Develop Public Affairs and External Communication strategies
- Develop, facilitate and implement Chiesi Belgium’s strategic plan on public policies, in support of the company’s priorities
- Enhance the company’s visibility and reputation both within and outside the pharmaceutical industry in collaboration with the General Manager
- Ensure the company’s point of view is heard by establishing and maintaining proactively open dialogue between Chiesi Belgium and key (non-traditional) external stakeholders
- Analyse the evolution in the Belgian and Luxembourg healthcare systems and their industrial policies
All activities will contribute to build the company’s brand and development in Belgium & Luxemburg.
Education & Experience
- University degree in Sciences (preferably MD or Pharmacist), Economics or Communications-, with minimum 5 years’ experience in pharmaceutical industry including at least 3 years’ experience in a function requiring project management, strategic insight, negotiation, stakeholder management and external communication. Knowledge of and experience in Public Affairs is a clear asset.
- In-depth knowledge of the Belgian political and healthcare systems. High interest in the broad environment (macro – political, economic, social). Good understanding of the challenges of the innovative pharmaceutical sector and the healthcare sector in general
- Experience in managing multiple tasks/projects/priorities and complex issues.
- Proven ability to understand and clearly communicate medical, scientific, market access and health economic topics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Dutch, French and English; ability to make complex issues easy to understand; good affinity to adapt messaging to the relevant audiences
Competencies related to the Chiesi Values
Innovative and forward thinking
- Learning agility to lead the company in a continuously changing healthcare environment
Demonstrate business knowledge
- Sound understanding of the pharmaceutical business environment in Belgium and Luxembourg
Make effective decisions
- Entrepreneurship to achieve the company’s objectives
Plan and execute effectively
- Ability to analyse and manage high amounts of information in order to contribute to Strategic and Budget Plans
- Proactivity (ability to anticipate future needs)
- Ability to translate public policy objectives in a strategic action plan
Influence and Inspire
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills.
- Ability to manage relationships with external customers
- Excellent analytical skills and strategic thinking to understand and address stakeholders’ needs.
Build strong teams and networks
- Experience in relationships building and management with internal and external key stakeholders
- Ability to create and lead cross functional teams to develop strategies
- Success of the team and the company has priority over short term personal gain
Manage and develop people
- Strong team player and ability to lead cross functional teams
- Sense of belonging within a global family owned company
Build trust and confidence
- Being a diplomat with negotiation skills allowing to reach a consensus between different stakeholders.
Be resilient and learn from experience
- Time management and ability to work under pressure
- Strive for the best in the quality of work and the building of relations with colleagues as well as with external stakeholders
Please send your CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Achieve the sales goals set for the territory in terms of Sales Growth and Market Share & Presence on the Hospital Formularies
- Implement Chiesi Commercial Strategy within targeted key accounts/hospitals to achieve commercial goals taking into account ‘The Chiesi Way of Selling’-principles
- Execute the Marketing Messages & Tactics
- Identification and Profiling of the individual Key Accounts
- Apply the Segmentation Principles to the Key Accounts
- Continually meet with the Key Accounts to understand their needs, expectations whilst promoting the portfolio, make selling/formulary propositions by helping them understand our superior qualities relative to the competition
- Continually build and map a solid network of effective and trustful relationships with key accounts, hospitals, decision makers and influencers
- Identify partnership opportunities in the form of programs, staff meetings, congresses, etc; Develop and implement initiatives by coordinating with colleagues (Sales Representative, Regional Sales Manager, National Sales Manager, MSL, Product Manager, Medical Manager & RAQA Compliance Manager)
- Set up a Key Account Management Plan with a call plan, objectives, actions and planned activities based on a SWOT-analysis per Key Account
- Ensure value is returned from the customer when value is provided
- Act ethically at all times and according to the Chiesi values
- Take a leadership role with respect to the communication & exchange with all accounts as to establish the Chiesi Brand
- Fulfil customer requests for information and/or expertise by coordinating with the appropriate resources within the team (e.g. getting literature, supporting study efforts, product knowledge)
- Complete administrative requirements and comply with guidelines and
policies as set forth by the immediate manager and company as a whole
- Participate in scientific meetings/congresses and continually follow-up of the literature and trainings to maintain a high level of scientific knowledge
- Drive for Success: Sets high standards for personal accomplishment, and goes about achieving tasks with enthusiasm, energy and tenacity. Accepts responsibility for actions.
- Influencing and Communication: Ability to promote self and ideas, to communicate concisely and impactfully both verbally and in writing in order to gain attention and get others to take action.
- Planning & Organising: Takes time to organize daily activities in an efficient manner. Sets SMART objectives for achieving business goals/targets in the short to medium term and prepares detailed action plans with milestones for how these goals will be achieved.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making: The ability to correctly identify the issues involved in any particular problem, to gather the relevant information, to view problems in terms of both their short and long-term impact. Prepared to make decisions, render judgements and take action.
- People Skills/Teamwork: Works effectively and cooperatively with others; establishes and maintains productive and mutually reinforcing relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals. Facilitates the sharing of best practice across the business.
- Adaptability and Innovation: Accepts change and successfully adapts to the introduction of changes. Willing to consider new ideas/alternatives to tried and tested approaches when suggested. Ability to propose original and creative ideas to problems or challenges.
Knowledge / Experiences:
- At least 5 years of sales experience in the pharmaceutical industry with proven successful track record of sales in hospitals
- Bachelor or master’s degree in science, (para)medical or economics
Behaviour / Skills:
- Customer and result oriented
- Pro-active, open-minded, flexible and open to change
- Positive attitude
- Self-managed, assertive and motivated
- Analytical mindset
- Willing to walk the extra mile
Social & Communication Skills
Excellent selling & negotiation skills
- Able to influence others in a balanced way through strong communication skills and personal impact;
- Communicating through listening, interaction, showing empathy and speaking in an effective and constructive way
Time management Skills
- Practical knowledge of CRM-systems (Teams, Mobile Intelligence or alike)
- Practical knowledge of Outlook and MS Office
- Excellent command of French/Dutch and practical knowledge of Dutch/French and English
Place of work:
- On the road
- Region: Hainaut
Please send your CV and motivational letter to email@example.com